2 in stock
- The Hawthorn is known by a variety of different names, The May Tree, The Beltaine Tree, The May Blossom, The Whitethorn, The Quick etc.
- The Hawthorn has long been associated with fertility and at Beltaine (May 1st) young women would take a sprig of blossom and keep it close as a way of attracting a husband. Hawthorn is generally seen as a tree which brings good luck to the owner.
- Element is fire.
- Wild Atlantic Way whitethorn leaf earrings handcrafted in Ireland.
- From local Wild Atlantic Way foliage, Paul Connolly has created a unique quality Irish gift.
- Designed and crafted on the Wild Atlantic Way, West Cork, Ireland.
- 2 tone colouring accentuates the design. A locally picked whitethorn leaf, captured forever in an elegant, endurable piece of Irish jewellery.
- The whitethorn has long been associated with the fairies. The Whitethorn of the Dancing. It got its name from a tradition celebrated many years ago when on May-Eve the children of the areas danced the “Rinceshee” (Fairy Dance) around the tree and sang The Song of May to celebrate the coming of Summer.
- Supplied on a special Paul Connolly presentation card.
- Non-allergenic surgical steel earwires.
- Size of leaf — 3cm wide — 3.7cm long.
- Free postage.
- Pre 2018 Paul Connolly was previously trading as Aqua Fortress.Rebranding was launched at Showcase, Ireland’s Creative Expo, held in Dublin, in January.Paul is a member of the Crafts Council of Ireland and participated with the Cork Local Enterprise Board.
Two decades of experience has proven him to be a master craftsman, producing quality affordable genuine Irish products.
|Dimensions||3.7 × 3 cm|
Large, Size 3